July 10, 2011

Diego Stocco - Experibass by Diego Stocco


Few weeks ago I visited a luthier looking for instruments parts, I had an idea in mind for an instrument I wanted to build. My curiosity was to hear the sound of violin, viola and cello strings amplified through the body of a double bass. I came up with a quadruple-neck experimental "something" that I thought to call Experibass.

To play it I used cello and double bass bows, a little device I built with fishing line and hose clamps, a paintbrush, a fork, spoons, a kick drum pedal and a drum stick. I hope you'll like it!
Thanks to luthier John Wu for providing me the parts, even though I warned him that I was probably going to create a "monster" : )




i guess the editing of this video help a lot ... so ..
question is the sound was created by the instrument or the video ?.... viva le video
video remix the sound to become ....life, lite or lost ..

enjoy the music after all ... ( i copy, i embed, i combine, i see )

No comments: